Pages

March 09, 2007

Jumpstart from Dez

Nope, not a car post. Though I am thinking about biodiesel....

While guest blogging for Joan, Dez asked folks to answer four questions in the comments so Joan would have knitting content to read while she's waiting to get her knitting mojo back. Since I couldn't figure out how to leave a comment (probably a script permission thing), here goes.

What's on your needles right now?

Wendy's toe-up socks in Knit Picks Flint Essential Tweed on size zero toothpicks. The first sock is done as well as about 2 inches of the second. The ribbing is an experiment: Repeat (K3, P1, K1, P1) a kazillion times. After an inch of K3, P3, I dropped the center stitch of the P3s and K it back up instead of frogging. We'll see how it wears. I did EZ's Sewn Cast Off for a stretchy edge; it flares a bit now, but it'll be fine on.


And here's a wet paw print (cropped out above) to show that I had feline involvement in the photo shoot this morning. It's been overcast and somewhat showery the last few days.


What did you most recently finish?

The simple and quick pair of sagey-green mini wrist warmers pictured with the socks. Stulpen are long enough that my knitting needles get caught, so I made these cuffs from some Patons Norspun (discontinued, 1-ply 25% wool, 75% acrylic, machine washable)h. I can't recall which blogger made some recently, commenting that she was reluctant to take them off before bed. I left mine on and had to fish one out from under my pillow in the morning. LOL

What new project are you looking forward to?

I'm considering some patterned socks from Six Socks or Knitty (BTW, the SPRING issue is out!). Not lacy, but maybe something fishy or scaly. Maybe in a wool/cotton blend or cotton/acrylic. Or one of my coveted yarns...

What yarn do you covet the most, right this very minute?


This Opal Batik sock yarn that's in the mail to me from here. The shop owner got socks for her and hubby from one hank; my feet are small, so I'm hoping for three pair. A close runner up would be a several pound cone of wool/nylon fingering weight sock yarn for dyeing. Do you have a favorite vendor for this? Or this Un-spun Icelandic from Schoolhouse Press.

No comments: