|My pill box. Highly recommended for ease of loading (each row of lid lifts out).|
Problem: The only problem is that the gel capsules often cling inside. IF I notice (see that big IF), sticking my finger in the compartment works to dislodge the culprit. IF it gets past me, it messes up the schedule. SO I googled, regoogled, etc, finding only one solution which I can't find now to show you.
The Solution: Add a dash or about 1/8 teaspoon of an edible powder to your bottle of gel caps and shake to distribute evenly. Then put the capsules in your pill box. The powder coating helps reduce stickiness.
Powders Tried: The original youtube poster used one of her powder-containing supplement capsules. My gel caps have liquid inside so my first experiment used cocoa powder, but the cocoa left brown dust all over my pill box! Since then, I've used bicarbonate of soda, which works great for me.
- It must be safe to eat.
- When damp, the powder should not be sticky which could defeat the purpose. I'd avoid powdered sugar, sugared drink mix, cocoa mix, and similar.
- The powder should be the same color as your pill box. Most are white or clear, so white powders are ideal.
- The powder should be very fine like bath powder, but don't use that!
- The powder should have a tolerable taste.
- It should be something you already have or can buy in very small quantities (think bulk bins).
|Possible Powders||Powders to Avoid|