Pages

March 18, 2007

New Fiber and Yarn and Socks, Oh My!

Yesterday Louise and I went to the Spring Fiber Sale at Abernethy Grange in Oregon City, OR. Although there were no animals, their spirits and aromas attended! I bought this:


8 oz undyed superwash fingering wool from From Barn to Yarn in Boring, OR and 6.7 oz bump of Cotswold roving from Pheasant Hill Farm in Hillsboro, OR. I'm planning to practice some more with my drop spindle. Does anyone know which end of the bump I'm supposed to work from? Here are a couple of snapshots. There was a lot of angora and pygora fleece for sale.



My 4th pair of socks are done as of last night:


Wendy's Toe-Up Socks pattern with my own experimental ribbing (K3, P1, K1, P1) and EZ's sewn bind-off. Knit Picks Essential Tweed in Flint on size zero needles. The yarn was a bit splitty on the sharp bamboo needles I used. This is my first pair of toe-up socks and I haven't decided whether or not I like this method; the jury's out until I wear them for a while. Since I have small feet, I've had plenty of yarn left over from all the socks I've knit so far.

No comments: