Pages

March 12, 2009

New yarn for old film

Last week I was reading blogs, and Yarn Zombie put out an offer to trade fiber from her shop for old Polaroid film. Yes! My 4 packs of 10-year-old film flew off to Ohio, and this beautiful yarn flew here:


Mmm skeins, indeed. The whole process started Thursday and we both got our packages on Monday. Yay USPS priority mail. Trading is good; unwanted items stay out of the landfill, and it's thrifty besides.

Recently I bought a compact digital camera and made my first video:


We'll just pretend I used a tripod and that you can't see my reflection. LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Auntie,
I would like to contact you about one of your posts on another blog (Yarn Harlot's). Could you please email me at
the_soxy_lady (a) yahoo dot com
and put "blog comment" in the subject line?
Thank you very much (in advance)
Jane in PA
PS - I love your photo of the cat wearing the sock!!!

Anonymous said...

hooray for digital cameras! Video looks great. and so does the YARN. yumm.